Who We Are
Unite to Reform is a company limited by guarantee without share capital registered in England and Wales at 39 Thornton St, HUNTON, SO21 7UN, United Kingdom, with company number 8523654 and trading as “Unite to Reform”.
Data collected from this campaign is held by Unite to Reform. Your data will only be held by Unite to Reform unless you have expressly wished to be contacted in addition by one of the other supporting organisations when you signed up.
Purpose of data-gathering
Unite to Reform advocates for electoral agreements and other co-operation between progressive political parties.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We may collect the following types of personal data: your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, bank account details to allow our payment processers to process donations, details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
We may process your personal data for a number of reasons and will only do so where there is an appropriate legal basis, such as:
(1) where the processing is in our own legitimate interest;
(2) it is in compliance with a legal obligation;
(3) it is necessary to perform a contract between us and you; and/or
(4) you have consented to our use of your personal data.
(1) Legitimate interest
We may rely on our own legitimate interest to process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To keep a record of donations made and actions taken by our supporters and our communications with them
- To support volunteers at their events
- To record campaigning actions by supporters
- Service administration, such as administering any donations you have made, to confirm receipt of donations (unless you have asked us not to do that), and to say thank you and provide details of how your donations might be used
- In relation to correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means, and to contact you about any content you provide
- For internal record keeping, so as to keep a record of your relationship with us
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries
- For market research
- To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by Unite to Remain website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
(2) Legal obligation
We may also need to comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law. For example, to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing.
We may process your personal data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, where you make online purchases or donations). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We will only process your personal data for the following reasons with your consent:
- To send you marketing information about our projects, fundraising activities and appeals
- To invite you to participate in surveys or research about Unite to Reform or our work.
You may withdraw your consent at any time.
We will make it easy for you to tell us if you would like to receive marketing communications from us and hear more about our work and the ways in which you would like to receive this information (post, email, SMS and phone). You can withdraw your consent at any time, and we will not send you marketing material if you tell us that you do not wish to receive it.
Data processed outside of the EU
Your data is only processed outside the EU where Unite to Reform has verified that appropriate standards and safeguards are in place. Unite to Reform uses a service provider that operates inside of the EU and ensure that any transferred personal data remains protected and secure.
How we collect personal data about you
- when you make a donation, sign up for one of our events, or when you communicate with us
- when you sign up at events such as community meetings or street stalls, or via a sponsored petition campaign on a third-party website. These independent third parties will pass your data to Unite to Reform where you have indicated that you wish to support Unite to Reform and have given your consent to Unite to Reform processing your personal data or it is a necessary part of completing a contract with you
- through your use of social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter or LinkedIn among others, depending on your settings or the privacy policies of these social media and messaging services. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their privacy notices, which will tell you how to do this.
Will Unite to Reform share your personal data with anyone else?
We will only use your personal data within Unite to Reform for the purposes for which it was obtained. Unite to Reform will not, without your consent, share or sell your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes, and you will not receive marketing from any other companies, charities or other organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
We may need to share your personal data with service providers who help us to deliver our projects, fundraising activities and appeals, for instance through handling responses to our emergency appeals. These “data processors” will only act under our instruction and are subject to pre-contract scrutiny and contractual obligations containing data protection clauses that protect your personal data. We may also use your email address and phone number to match to your account on Facebook or other social media sites in order to show you Unite to Reform content while using these services. We only do this where you have opted in to marketing emails or phone calls and we keep your data secure by encrypting it. No data we hold about you is retained by the third party.
If you wish to opt out of this, you can either update your preferences at Unite to Reform by opting out of the relevant channel of communication or you can do this via the social media site.
We use external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf. We do comprehensive checks on these companies before we work with them, and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, especially regarding how they manage the personal data they collect on our behalf, or have access to. We have a robust partner monitoring framework to ensure these contractual obligations are met.
How long will Unite to Reform keep your personal data?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purposes described above, and in accordance with applicable laws. Where you contribute material to us, e.g. user generated content or in response to a particular campaign, we will only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted unless otherwise stated at the point of generation.